Meet The Staff
Dr. Michael Hanifen, B.S., D.C.
An exceptionally talented Chiropractor whose passion and personality help every patient achieve a level of health and ease sought after by so many.
As a Chiropractor, Air Force Veteran and member of the community he feels a duty to help everyone achieve their personal health care goals.
Feel Better, Live Better, Play Better®!!!
- Thompson Drop
- Palmer Package
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction)
- Currently enrolled in Doctorate in Education (Ed.D) at Concordia University Portland
- TMJ Certification - Mally Institute
- Total Solutions Graduate Chiropractic Leadership Alliance
Certificate: Surface Electromyography (sEMG) and Thermography interpretation & analysis
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic
Graduated with a 3.5 GPA
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Graduated with a 3.7 GPA
Community College of the Air Force
Degree: Associates in Applied Science
Graduated with a 3.6 GPA
- 2006- Present: Owner/President, North Star Chiropractic Wellness Center, LLC
- 2004 - 2006: Independent Chiropractor
- The Hill Clinic, A Chiropractic Office, Anchorage, AK
- 2003 – 2004 – Top Student Doctor, Palmer College Main Clinic, Davenport, IA
- 2003 – Palmer College of Chiropractic Clinic Abroad, Salvador, Brazil
- Adjusted 170 Brazilians in 4 Days
- 1991 – 2000 – Honorable Discharge, United States Air Force (USAF) as a Staff Sergeant (SSgt)
University Service/ Special Training:
- 2000 – 2003 - Top Radiology Intern, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Gross Anatomy I, Lead Lab Assistant, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Renaissance Patient Education Teacher / Mentor (300 hours)
- America Reads and Junior Achievement Teacher / Mentor
Awards and Distinctions
- 2002 – 2004 - Dean’s and President’s Honor List, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 2004 – Palmer College, Clinical Excellence Award nominee
- 2000 – 2001 - All-American Scholar Collegiate Award Recipient
- 1991 – 2000 - 2 Air Force Commendation Medals, 2 Air Force Achievement Medals, 3 Outstanding Unit Awards, 2 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, The Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Overseas Short Tour Ribbon, Overseas Long Tour Ribbon, 2 AF Longevity Service Awards, NCO Professional Military Education Graduate, M-16 Rifle marksman, AF Training Ribbon, Kuwait Liberation Medal
- 1996 – Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School, Eielson AFB, Alaska
Licensures & Certifications
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- Alaska State Chiropractic License
- Washington State Chiropractic License
- CPR as Professional Rescuer, Community CPR, and Community First Aid and Safety.
Association & Memberships
- World Chiropractic Alliance
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Member & Ambassador
- Chiropractic Leadership Alliance
- Alaska Chiropractic Society
- Palmer College of Chiropractic International Alumni Association
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Student Alumni Foundation
- International Pediatric Chiropractic Association
Meet The Staff
Our warm, fun-loving office manager. Paula worked for the world famous Palmer College of Chiropractic, in Davenport, IA, while Dr. Hanifen was in attendance. She has an in-depth first-hand knowledge of what makes a great Chiropractic office and strives to keep North Star Chiropractic at the forefront of customer service.
Who better to handle all of your (and our) billing needs than someone who has years of experience? Kylie is a meticulous individual. Her training as a certified chiropractic assistant, former insurance agent and work experience shine and she strives to do the best job possible. Kylie will make sure your account with us is taken care of in a diligent and efficient manner.
Antonia ( Toni) Duran
We are blessed to have found yet another amazing team member! She is the happy face you will see here at North Star Chiropractic Wellness Center. Toni will make you feel right at home as she introduces you to our office and helps you with your first visit paperwork. Toni has fallen in love with the Chiropractic lifestyle. She quickly saw the importance of being under Chiropractic care and getting healthier, too. Outside the office, Toni spends her time fishing, camping and exploring Alaska.
i absolutely loves children and is happy to entertain them while patients receive their care. She can also be seen loving on our office mascot Moxi
Meet The Massage Therapist
North Star Chiropractic Wellness Center, LLC offers massage therapy by licensed massage therapists. In addition to being trained as massage therapists, our massage staff received additional education regarding Chiropractic Care. This additional training allows the therapists to communicate and cooperate with Dr. Hanifen to assist in coordinated comprehensive recovery.
There are many reasons why massage can be very beneficial. It helps to increase the effectiveness of a chiropractic adjustment by helping to relax tight muscles. Therapeutic Massage also helps to increase general relaxation, reduce anxiety, alleviate certain types of muscular pain, and even helps to improve circulation and increase cellular nutrition. Massage therapy can be a very important addition to a chiropractic adjustment.
Rachel is a whirlwind of energy and is one of the most caring people you will ever meet! She truly cares about her patients and is extremely passionate about helping people in pain. Rachel is a deep tissue expert, and she excels at treating back, neck pain, and she is extremely skilled at head, neck, shoulder and arm pain, positional release, and trigger point therapy. Her years of experience and training, coupled with an intuitive nature and exceptional skills result in very positive outcomes for her patients.
Alice is a quiet but confident massage therapist. She truly cares about her patients and is impassioned to help people reach their full potential. Alice is a deep tissue expert, along with prenatal massage excels at trigger point therapy. Her years of experience and training, coupled with the intuitive hands and exceptional skills result in improved mobility, decreased scar tissue and pain relief.